Protect yourself and your loved ones from threats of sexual exploitation and from pornography’s harmful reach. There’s now help for computers, televisions, tablets, smartphones and more.
- Enough Is Enough – http://www.enough.org/
- Internet Safety 101 – http://www.internetsafety101.org/
- Google’s Safety Center – https://www.google.com/safetycenter/families/start/
- iKeepSafe – http://www.ikeepsafe.org/
- Stop Cyberbullying http://www.stopcyberbullying.
- Make a Difference for Kids http://www.
- Cybersafety Prevention 101 http://www.datehookup.com/
- Facebook for Parents http://facebookforparents.
- Be Smart, Be Safe! http://www.edmondschools.net/
- Internet Safety Resources http://www.txssc.txstate.edu/
- Online Predators and Their Victims http://www.apa.org/pubs/
- Common Sense Media – http://www.commonsensemedia.
- Movieguide – http://www.movieguide.org
The following organizations regularly feature Internet Safety updates on their blogs:
- Educate and Empower Kids Blog – http://educateempowerkids.org/
- Covenant Eyes – http://www.covenanteyes.com/blog/
- National Center on Sexual Exploitation – http://endsexualexploitation.org
We feel that Covenant Eyes and Net Nanny are the best options.
- Covenant Eyes – http://www.covenanteyes.com/
- Net Nanny – http://www.netnanny.com/mac
- Total Net Guard – http://afo.net/
- Bsecure – http://www.bsecure.com/
- K9 Web Protection – http://www1.k9webprotection.com/(This is a free program)
- Safe Eyes – http://www.internetsafety.com/
- Cyber Sitter – http://www.cybersitter.com/
- Pure Sight – http://www.puresight.com/
- Cyber Patrol – http://www.cyberpatrol.com/
- iShield – http://www.guardwareinc.com/ishield
- WebWatcher – http://www.webwatcherkids.com/
- OpenDNS – http://www.opendns.com/
Please check our resources page on Technology Solutions and Tools for a more comprehensive and a constantly updated list.
Helpful apps available in Google Play and App Store
Learn about Google’s Safety Center here.
Learn about Apple’s Parental Control Features here.
Many of the filtering companies now provide filters for smartphones and tablets. We recommend Covenant Eyes and Net Nanny, but check out a list of filters here.
Tool to allow parents to monitor their children’s texts, calls, social media, location and more. The blog has helpful information about many of the dangers they face in the digital world.
Many of the devices that we use daily have built in controls to manage what type of content the user is able to access. Here are how-to guides on how to turn these on for different systems.
Info coming soon
Info Coming Soon
Porn Harms Research
These archives, managed by National Center on Sexual Exploitation, offer the most comprehensive look at peer-reviewed research on pornography available today. Hundreds of articles are available and summarized for easy understanding and they are divided by more than 20 specific categories.
National Center on Sexual Exploitation’s Talking Points Webpage
Find summarized talking points backed by credible research and surveys, along with video presentations led by experts, on the topics of pornography and addiction, marriage, brain science, impact to children, links to sex trafficking and prostitution, increased violence and more.
Website directed by National Center on Sexual Exploitation to help educate on the harms of pornography and provide actions to actively oppose policies that promote pornography and sexual exploitation.
Fight the New Drug
This organization targets teens and young adults and provides clear education, tools, and resources to avoid and overcome pornography addiction.
Your Brain on Porn
“This site will help you understand exactly how today’s extreme Internet porn can alter the brain. In our view, porn use isn’t a moral issue. This site grew out of a decade of research analysis on the effects of sex on the brain, and six years of listening to recovering porn addicts.”
Pink Cross Foundation
“This web site contains large doses of truth about the sex industry for purposes of education… Men and women addicted to porn need to hear it straight from the women who were there.”
This is an accountability and filtering software company, but has really great resources about the consequences of pornography and they regularly update their blog to help you understand latest information and dangers.
Internet Safety 101 from Enough Is Enough
Provides updates and help to adults for protecting children online. Site exists to educate you about the dangers; to empower you with the ability to recognize the warning signs and with helpful ways to discuss Internet safety with your kids; and to equip you with the safety resources you need.
Coalition to End Sexual Exploitation
The EndExploitationMovement.com website lists hundreds of groups who are involved in opposing sexual exploitation and you can search by category to find what groups cover the specific areas you hope to learn more about.
We are a community of people who have discovered the negative effects of pornography. If you or loved ones struggle with porn addiction and/or porn-induced sexual dysfunctions, this place is for you!
National Center on Sexual Exploitation
Founded in 1962, National Center on Sexual Exploitation is the leading national organization opposing pornography by highlighting the links to sex trafficking, violence against women, child abuse, addiction and more. NCSE works to expose the seamless connection between all forms of sexual exploitation.