Hiring: Administrative Assistant
Founded in 1962, the National Center on Sexual Exploitation (until recently known as Morality in Media) believes that all individuals have a right be free from the effects of pornography and all other forms of sexual exploitation. NCSE is the group directing the movement to end sexual exploitation. Our current website is http://pornharms.com/.
NCSE is looking to add a full-time administrative assistant to its team in Washington, DC. This person will provide support to the other staff members and manage the administrative needs of the organization. The person in this position will also be expected to give input and help with the development of new projects for the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Input data into online systems. This includes donation information, contact information for advocacy campaigns, incoming invoices, etc.
- Maintain organized files in office
- Assist in tracking incoming and outgoing mail. Prepare outgoing mail
- Help develop advocacy campaigns by researching intended targets and compiling information as proof for the public
- Prospecting research on potential donors so we can reach out to them for support
- Organize and manage the President’s schedule and travel
- Handle all incoming requests for meetings, appointments and speaking engagements requested of the organization
- Set up meetings with key officials on behalf of MIM
- Manage outgoing correspondence with supporters via email and mail
- Order and maintain proper level of office supplies
- Answer phones
- Maintain current contact lists of supporters and allies
- Commitment to the mission of National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience working in administrative positions
- Must be able to work independently, effectively, efficiently, with minimal errors and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to think outside of the box. If you don’t know how to do something, you are expected to try to learn how to do it.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments based on needs of organization is required
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Flexibility in every day actions
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Superior organization skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Willingness to travel an estimated 5-10% of the time to represent organization at conferences, events, etc.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate – both verbally and in writing – with individuals from a variety of disciplines, cultures and backgrounds and the ability to edit and proofread.
LOCATION: Metro Center, Washington DC
TO APPLY: If you are committed to defending dignity and opposing sexual exploitation in all of its forms, please apply by emailing Dawn Hawkins at email@example.com. Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter that details your interest in these issues and your resume.