Hiring: Graphic Designer and Multimedia Specialist
Founded in 1962, the National Center on Sexual Exploitation (until recently known as Morality in Media) believes that all individuals have a right be free from the effects of pornography and all other forms of sexual exploitation. NCSE is the group directing the movement to end sexual exploitation. Our current website is http://pornharms.com/.
NCSE is looking to add a full-time graphic designer and media specialist to its team in Washington, DC. This creative specialist will help support all of the goals and projects of the organization by planning and executing compelling stories and media via print, as well as, earned and social media. The person in this position will be expected to also provide administrative support to others in the office, approximately 30% of the time, for the first eight months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing design concepts by gathering information and data through research
- Designs, develops and implements creative, cutting-edge concepts for compelling multimedia, including graphics, audio, video
- Maintains a current awareness of the latest production technology and trends
- Compile content from a variety of sources (photographs, illustrations, text, video, audio) into one fluid presentation
- Estimate the amount of time required to complete the work and be able to work within time constraints and deadlines
- Help input data into systems – such as donation information, contact information for advocacy campaigns, etc.
- Help file materials in office
- Assist in tracking incoming and outgoing mail. Prepare outgoing mail.
- Research for project development and potential donors
- Working with a wide-range of media, including video, photography, CAD
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, web developers, etc.
- Be proactive in presenting or pitching your ideas to improve existing projects and organization goals
- Contribute to the team effort and overall goals of the organization
Design projects regularly include:
- Educational brochures and flyers
- Monthly direct mail pieces (envelope, letter, reply device)
- Awareness graphics for the web – showcasing various research points, infographics, etc.
- New campaign logos and promotional materials
- Annual reports that showcase highlights from the year
- Video – minor editing for cohesive brand to interviews, awareness videos to convey points about the issue, etc.
- Commitment to the mission of National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- Bachelors degree in Visual Communications, Interactive Design, Marketing/Advertising or related field
- Experience in multimedia design
- Exceptional visual communication skills, including a proven ability to use video, audio and other multimedia elements that attract attention and drive social change
- Great story teller who has a strong desire to advance the cause ending sexual exploitation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with people internally and externally
- Strong listening, creative thinking, and execution skills
- Ability to understand and organize information, and to write about or talk extemporaneously on that information
- Ability to plan and organize well, but also to be flexible in adapting plans and altering direction in response to new or changing circumstances
- Handles criticism and rejection well
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment; including adherence to deadlines
- Willingness to travel an estimated 5-10% of the time to represent organization at conferences, events, etc.
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro and iMovie
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects
- Experience with illustrations, animations, is a plus
LOCATION: Metro Center, Washington DC
SALARY: Varies based on experience
TO APPLY: If you are committed to defending dignity and opposing sexual exploitation in all of its forms, please apply by emailing Dawn Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter that details your interest in these issues, your resume and a sample of your work.