1960s – 1980s
Assisting state and local governments. MIM has helped draft and amend numerous state and local obscenity and related laws, including state laws in Alabama, Colorado, Delaware, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin.
Over the years MIM has frequently played a pivotal role in many law related victories that have made a difference for the better at the Federal, State and local levels. These include:
- Pressuring the U.S. Justice Department to resume enforcement of Federal obscenity laws
- Enactment of a Federal law extending RICO penalties to obscenity crimes
- Issuance of a Presidential Proclamation supporting obscenity law enforcement
- Enactment of a U.S. Senate Resolution supporting obscenity law enforcement
- Enactment of numerous state and local anti-pornography laws
- Pressuring the FCC to resume enforcement of the broadcast indecency law
- Making it easier for citizens to file broadcast indecency complaints
- Extending the broadcast indecency ban by two prime-time hours, to 10 p.m.
- Enactment of indecency controls on leased-access cable TV channels