[Original 2014 description]
Why is Playstation on the Dirty Dozen List?
PlayStation can do much to improve the problem of pornography on their popular console.
Most parents don’t realize that their child might be exposed to pornography through their video gaming console, but that is exactly what is happening all around the world. This new, very popular, console is supplying live and simulated pornography and other obscene content. PlayStation consoles provide access to obscenity via live streaming in “The Playroom” and in several sexually explicit games. “The Playroom” does not play videos pre-recorded by the users, it is actually live streaming. There have been several incidents where many users flashed their genitals, men undressed their wives while drunk, and people having intercourse as thousands of viewers (many children) watched live. In addition, games approved by PlayStation and allowed to be sold in the PlayStation Store, contain sex scenes, rapes, and graphic sexual assaults. Very young children have been so influenced by these scenes that they have been acting them out in imaginary play with their friends and siblings.
Some of the Problems:
- PlayStation 4 was released on November 15, 2013, selling 4.2 million consoles in 2013. The biggest change between the PS3 and the PS4 is the PlayStation Eye Camera and “The Playroom” where users can interact with each other and show off their gaming skills through two platforms: Twitch and Ustream. Both platforms’ policies prohibit obscenity, and streaming videos unrelated to gaming is not allowed, however, players can still stream uninhibited through Ustream.
- PlayStation 4 has approved (and continues to allow) hundreds of obscene, pornographic and sexually violent video games to be available for purchase through their PlayStation Store.
- Get out of the porn business altogether! Stop profiting from the sale of obscene video games.
- Develop a filtering system to sort pornographic and abusive content from the rest. Instead of bombarding the user with porn in the current automatic opt-in system, have the default setting such that the user must choose to seek out the pornographic materials.
WARNING: There are graphic images and text descriptions shown in these sections.
PlayStation’s Profit from Porn & Exploitation
- Russian Couple live streams themselves having sex. 1,000 viewers on Playroom
- 13 year old brother rapes his 8 year old sister after watching pornography on his XBOX at home
- People Are Already Using The PlayStation 4 For Sex
- PS4 app The Playroom removed from Twitch directory
- Six-year olds act out drug & rape scenes from GTA V at school
- Hillary Clinton urges inquiry into hidden sex in Grand Theft Auto game
- Wicked Paradise: Virtually Reality Erotica Game in Development
Tell Congress to Pressure the DOJ to Enforce Obscenity Law
Public Health Harms of Pornography
Tell DOJ to Investigate SeekingArrangement
A significant victory that shows the continued trend of mainstream companies distancing themselves from Pornhub.
Originally Published at Movieguide By Movieguide Staff The National Center on Sexual Exploitation recently removed Google’s Chromebook from their “Dirty Dozen List” after the company announced changes to help protect children from sexual exploitation while using its devices. The NCOSE’s lists feature tech companies that alleged profit from the sexual exploitation
Originally Published at Faithwire By Trés Goin-Phillips Google finalized steps this month to make it more difficult for sexual exploitation to proliferate on its devices used by children. Prior to the change, Google’s Chromebook was featured on the “Dirty Dozen List” published by the National Center on Sexual Exploitation, a nonprofit