If you or someone you know has been exploited, abused or in other ways victimized, here are some places to find support and help.
“We help you find the support that’s right for you. Using our advanced search process, you can sort for a professional by location, expertise, language spoken, gender, HMO or PPO, and more.”
National database of certified sex addiction therapists who can help both the person struggling and/or the partner of one who struggles.
A national referral network of state licensed, certified, and/or properly credentialed Christian counselors offering care that is distinctively Christian and clinically excellent.
Our goal is to train and promote those clinicians and church leaders who demonstrate a standard of excellence in training, education, and practice as sexual addiction specialists. Our vision is to train and equip a growing body of competent Christian counselors worldwide so they will have a transforming impact on the culture.
Clinicians who are certified by the IACSAS have received training, education, and supervision in understanding and treating sexual addiction. The IACSAS is committed to supporting training opportunities and to conducting research in the field of sexual addiction.
CatholicTherapists.com offers a referral base of qualified Catholic therapists who faithfully adhere to church teaching. They also offer helpful articles, books and audio.
A resource to find a local LDS Family Services office for counseling services and advice on selecting a therapist in your community who supports gospel values.
A resource for the Chicago area to find counselors who support Jewish values.
A resource for the American Muslim community to find counselors with an Islamic perspective.
Offers online addiction therapy programs, as well as individual online and in-person therapy. Specializes in betrayal trauma.
Through an innovative and proven three phase treatment program, this intensive outpatient group therapy approach gives participants the resources, support, and structure needed to experience a successful recovery from the damaging effects of pornography and sexually compulsive behaviors.There are treatment programs in nearly 40 Cities across the U.S. and Canada.
Individual Christian counselors working for New Life Ministries are located throughout America, and are available as a resource for those struggling with pornography and for the partners or spouses of those struggling with pornography.
New Life Ministries also runs intensive workshops including:
Every Man’s Battle – This three-day workshop is designed to help men who have engaged in pornography, sexual addiction or adultery and help them to get back their sexual integrity.
Intimacy in Marriage – If you want something better than the marriage you have and are ready to experience an astounding richness in your relationship, New Life has designed a life changing weekend to give you the tools to develop a healthy, healing intimacy.
Marriage Solution – A workshop that provides the tools to rejuvenate a good marriage; rescue a marriage in conflict; or restore a marriage broken from betrayal and infidelity.
Women in the Battle – This workshop is designed to help women who have been hurt in relationships with men who are or have been involved in pornography, sexual addiction or adultery.
Trafficking in Persons and Worker Exploitation Task Force at 1-888-428-7581
- Human rights agency that brings rescue to victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to secure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to ensure that public justice systems – police, courts and laws – effectively protect the poor.
- Resource center for the public, parents, law enforcement, and others about the issues surrounding the sexual exploitation of children.
- With locations all over the US, Canada and parts of Latin America, Covenant House works in collaboration with the National Runaway Safeline (NRS) – a crisis care hotline that can provide you with assistance 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Their crisis shelters are open 24 hours a day with the promise of a hot meal, a warm bed and the chance to rebuild your life.
- Services Available to Victims of Human Trafficking –
Your Local Child and Protective Services
- Exists to rescue and restore women and children in crisis
- Outreach Center directly services women by providing pro bono attorneys, and Certified Life Coaches in Anti-Trafficking; it also provides doctors, psychologists, medical testing and pharmacy services and clothing. The Lifestyle Center provides skill training to get women the much needed day to day life skill trainings and college bound training and job interview and other training.
- Love146 works toward the abolition of child trafficking and exploitation through Prevention and Aftercare solutions while contributing to a growing abolition movement.
- Fighting modern day slavery by addressing demand
- Rescuing America’s Children from Prostitution
- Cherished is a nonprofit organization, comprised of a residential program and social enterprise that is run by survivors of commercialized sexual exploitation, human trafficking, addictions and life on the streets.
- A faith-based organization operating transitional and restorative residential programs to women recovering from sex trafficking.
National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE
National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE
National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-252-2873, 1-800-25ABUSE
RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) – anti-sexual violence organization. Lots of resources.
- Find a local Crisis and Counseling Center (Open 24/7)
- National Sexual Assault Online Hotline (Open 24/7) Live help for sexual assault victims, and their friends and families. Chat with someone for free and confidentially
- If you’re not in the US, some of these groups might be able to help you.
- Overcoming sexual victimization of men and boys
- This site is primarily for male survivors of childhood sexual abuse, but we welcome all to join us in our journey to recovery.
- International, self-help support group
- Resources and links to other recovery helps
- Resources for partners of those sexually abused as children
- For any questions about dating in general or a specific relationship, or if you are in an unhealthy or abusive relationship, you deserve support and resources to help you with your situation. You are not alone; their peer advocates are here for you 24/7.
- Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse
- 800-879-6682 (800-TRY-NOVA) 9am-5pm Eastern Time, Monday-Friday
- Whether you are a survivor of violent crime or dealing with financial crime victimization, we recognize that all victims experience loss. While there are different kinds of losses, each can be profound, depending upon the perspective of victims and survivors. No one has to right to judge the impactof any given loss in your life.
Official place to file complaints with the Federal Government about child pornography and suspected child sexual exploitation. Directed by The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in connection with the FBI.
Help for those in the porn industry
Former performer in pornography, turned anti-porn activist. Helps many performers get out of the industry and transition to life they want to have
Where victims become over-comers. You can also contact their helpline:
Faith-based outreach and support for women in the sex trade industry
Faith-based outreach and support group for women in the sex industry
Or check out Anne Bissell’s website.
Girls Educational and Mentoring Services’ (GEMS) mission is to empower girls and young women, ages 12–24, who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation and domestic trafficking to exit the commercial sex industry and develop to their full potential.
Faith-based organization that addresses the realities of human sex trafficking, sexual violence, and exploitation linked to pornography and the sex industry. We are committed to reaching out to children/teens/women that need assistance/escape from sex slavery.
Seeks to improve the lives of Chicago’s most disadvantaged and disenfranchised young women through education, empowerment and prevention of sexual exploitation.
XXXChurch’s outreach ministry to those in the sex industry
Faith-based nonprofit that empowers change in the life direction of women and girls who are adult entertainers, prostitutes, escorts or victims of sexual exploitation by offering a holistic approach as well as an educational, emotional, physical and spiritual support system
Faith-based outreach to for exotic dancers.
Women’s ministry, started by a former stripper, to help women who currently are or have been in the Adult Entertainment Industry
Faith-based organization located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area that enables women to leave the degradation of the sex industry and to build new lives for themselves and their children.
- Fight the New Drug – http://fightthenewdrug.org/#sthash.kY8kG8J0.dpbs
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children – http://www.missingkids.com/
- UNICEF – http://www.unicef.org/publications/files/Children_and_the_MDGs.pdf
- National Center on Sexual Exploitation – http://endsexualexploitation.org/
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month – http://www.nsvrc.org/saam/sexual-assault-awareness-month
- Not Alone – https://www.notalone.gov
- RAINN Speakers Bureau – https://www.rainn.org/get-involved/speakers-bureau
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network – http://www.nctsn.org/sites/default/files/assets/pdfs/school_resource_list_final.pdf
- Know Your IX – http://knowyourix.org/title-ix/title-ix-the-basics/
- Educate and Empower Kids – educateempowerkids.org
- Good Pictures, Bad Pictures – http://goodpicturesbadpictures.com/
- Pink Cross Foundation – https://www.thepinkcross.org/page/what-pink-cross
- Enough is Enough – http://www.enough.org
The United Nations defines human trafficking in Article 3, paragraph (a) of the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons as:
“the recruitment … by means of threat or use of force or other forms of coercion,… of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person, for the purpose of exploitation. Exploitation shall include, at a minimum, the exploitation of the prostitution of others or other forms of sexual exploitation, forced labour or services…”
TAALK has many resources and a private forum with one section that is specifically for Parents of Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse: https://taalk.org/forum.html
The resources in this directory have notbeen audited, verified or certified by TAALK in any way. We are providing this directory as a means of easy access to resources directly related to child sexual abuse.
The Surviving Parents Coalition is a parent-driven, 501c4 organization committed to saving lives. Our coalition’s founding demonstrates the power of survival and how suffering can motivate people to accomplish extraordinary things. We must defend the innocent. Child safety programs and the agencies involved need resources. We lobby for funding and legislation because they are essential to effective change. Our goal is to ensure young people mature naturally without abuse and emotional turmoil. The SPC is determined to grow and spread out nationally one family at a time. United together we become a mighty force for reform.
A picture book that makes the topic of ritual abuse accessible to parents and young children.
Porn Harms Research
These archives, managed by National Center on Sexual Exploitation, offer the most comprehensive look at peer-reviewed research on pornography available today. Hundreds of articles are available and summarized for easy understanding and they are divided by more than 20 specific categories.
National Center on Sexual Exploitation’s Talking Points Webpage
Find summarized talking points backed by credible research and surveys, along with video presentations led by experts, on the topics of pornography and addiction, marriage, brain science, impact to children, links to sex trafficking and prostitution, increased violence and more.
Website directed by National Center on Sexual Exploitation to help educate on the harms of pornography and provide actions to actively oppose policies that promote pornography and sexual exploitation.
Fight the New Drug
This organization targets teens and young adults and provides clear education, tools, and resources to avoid and overcome pornography addiction.
Your Brain on Porn
“This site will help you understand exactly how today’s extreme Internet porn can alter the brain. In our view, porn use isn’t a moral issue. This site grew out of a decade of research analysis on the effects of sex on the brain, and six years of listening to recovering porn addicts.”
Pink Cross Foundation
“This web site contains large doses of truth about the sex industry for purposes of education… Men and women addicted to porn need to hear it straight from the women who were there.”
This is an accountability and filtering software company, but has really great resources about the consequences of pornography and they regularly update their blog to help you understand latest information and dangers.
Internet Safety 101 from Enough Is Enough
Provides updates and help to adults for protecting children online. Site exists to educate you about the dangers; to empower you with the ability to recognize the warning signs and with helpful ways to discuss Internet safety with your kids; and to equip you with the safety resources you need.
Coalition to End Sexual Exploitation
The EndExploitationMovement.com website lists hundreds of groups who are involved in opposing sexual exploitation and you can search by category to find what groups cover the specific areas you hope to learn more about.
We are a community of people who have discovered the negative effects of pornography. If you or loved ones struggle with porn addiction and/or porn-induced sexual dysfunctions, this place is for you!
National Center on Sexual Exploitation
Founded in 1962, National Center on Sexual Exploitation is the leading national organization opposing pornography by highlighting the links to sex trafficking, violence against women, child abuse, addiction and more. NCSE works to expose the seamless connection between all forms of sexual exploitation.