Welcome to Day #1 of the #CESESummit!
Here’s a message from your hosts:
In case you missed our email yesterday, the best way to participate in the Summit is on the Whova app or desktop link. Login with the same email you used to register. For more explanation, click here.
|🌍 GLOBAL||🇺🇸 UNITED STATES|
|Call on Interpol to investigate MindGeek/Pornhub for sex trafficking.||Ask your Senators to vote YES on the Debt Bondage Repair Act.|
💡 What would a world free from sexual abuse and exploitation look like?
Take 60 seconds to respond by video or audio to this prompt to help make a social media video for the movement!
Make sure you check out the daily rejuvenation events, too!
They go live at 7am ET and will be on-demand all day.
|🧘🏽♀️ Yoga||🕊 Meditation||🎶 Music|
|Yoga to Unwind Tension – Tina Harris, Unite Yoga (USA)||Practicing Presence – Tina Harris, Unite Yoga (USA)||The Apology – Steve Siler, Music for the Soul (USA)|
#StandUp – Landon Starbuck, Freedom Forever (USA)
|🎥 Film||📣 Action||🙏 Spiritual devotional|
|Am I Crazy? My Journey to Determine if My Memories are True – Mary Knight, Mary Knight Productions (USA)||Let’s call Seeking Arrangement what it really is – Lina Nealon, National Center on Sexual Exploitation (USA)||Message – Dr. Geeta Sekhon (India)|
Covenant Eyes provides educational resources and Screen Accountability and Filtering software to battle pornography and sex trafficking.
Realizing the threat that online technologies pose without proper monitoring, founder Ron DeHaas invented Internet Accountability to equip people to protect themselves and their families from online dangers.
Covenant Eyes is the pioneer of Internet and Screen Accountability™ software, empowering members to maintain their online integrity. Over 100,000,000 Covenant Eyes accountability reports have generated 18 years of conversation-based accountability.
7:00am | ON-DEMAND WORKSHOPS (available for 24 hours)
- PANEL: Real Experiences in the Porn Industry (Fight The New Drug) – Christopher Bates, Overcome Exploitation, Joshua Broome, KNWN, Alia Dewees, Renewal Church of Chicago Inc., Deanna Lynn, Author, Aaron Crowley, Author, Natale McAneney, Fight The New Drug (USA)
- Age-by-Age Recommendations for Developing Porn-Resistance in Children Through the Use of Critical Toolsets, Mindsets and Skill Sets – Kristen A. Jenson, M.A., Protect Young Minds (USA)
- Exploring the Pathologisation of Women and Girls Subjected to Sexual Exploitation – Jessica Taylor, Ph.D., Victim Focus (UK)
- From Instagram Likes to Hardcore Pornography: COVID-19, OnlyFans and the Evolution of Online Sexual Exploitation – Meghan Donevan, Talita (Sweden)
- How Churches Can Better Prevent and Respond to Sexual Abuse – Tim Ross, Lutheran Church of Australia and New Zealand (Australia)
- How Laws that Define ‘Sex Trafficking’ as Forced Work Are Harmful – Anna Fisher, Chair, Nordic Model Now! (UK)
- How to Grow and Glean from One Another in the Field of Residential Care – Melissa Yao, National Trafficking Sheltered Alliance (NTSA Innovative Opportunities for Growth in Residential Programs—Part 1) (USA)
- How to Help Survivors When They Are Stuck – Harmony Grillo, Treasures (USA)
- Human Trafficking in Illicit Massage Businesses – Rochelle Keyhan, Collective Liberty (USA)
- Limits of Empirical Scholarship about Prostitution, Sex Work, and Sex Trafficking in Canada – Debra Haask, Queen’s University, Faculty of Law (Canada)
- Male Survivors of Human Trafficking, Sexual Exploitation, and Child Sexual Abuse: Their Needs and Stories – Ena Lucia Mariaca, Royal Roads University (France)
- Pain, when not Transformed, is Transmitted – Tiara King, Vice President, Retrain the Night (USA)
- Prostitution and Sex Trafficking: Lessons from History – Christen Price, Esq., National Center on Sexual Exploitation (USA)
- Providing Victim Services to the LGBQT+ Community – Vanessa Guyton, Consulting Experts & Associates, LLC (USA)
- Sexual Exploitation & the African American Culture and Understanding the Connection – Tera Hilliard, Forgotten Children, Inc. (USA)
- Strategies and Tactics Surrounding CSAM Litigation – James Marsh, Founder and Margaret E. Mabie, Managing Associate (USA)
- The Most Important Phrase that Every Kid Needs to Hear – Chris McKenna, Protect Young Eyes (USA)
- Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation of Women and Girls During Conflict: The Case of Cameroon – Gladys Mbuyah, International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA Cameroon) (Cameroon)
- Trauma Informed Care Through the Lens of Implicit Bias – Stephany Powell, Ed.D., National Center on Sexual Exploitation (USA)
- When Parents are Pimps – Jeanne L. Allert, The Samaritan Woman (USA)
- Why Legalizing Prostitution Doesn’t Work: Germany an an Example for the Harms of Legalized Prostitution – Kerstin Neuhaus, International Centre on Sexual Exploitation (Germany)
10:00am | ON-DEMAND ORGANIZATIONAL TRAINING
The following sessions are hosted by CESE Summit Sponsor, the Leadership Institute. You will be directed to their platform to participate in these sessions.
- Fundraising 101
- Build Your Social Media Brand
- Introduction to Television Techniques
- Introduction to Public Speaking
12:00–1:00pm | LIVE SESSION
CESE Summit Kick Off! Let’s Get Acquainted and Talk a BIG Solution!
- Dawn Hawkins, National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- Dr. Stephany Powell, National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- Dr. Michael Shively, National Center on Sexual Exploitation
Join Zoom Meeting – https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81648668136?pwd=S1lNejFvRldUQnZnM1V3N3BUb2dIZz09
Meeting ID: 816 4866 8136
3:00–3:45PM | Meetups
- Talk to Lawyer
- Directors & Executives
- Policy at Local and National Level
- Ethical Ways to Share Facts and Stories
* Find more at other times or schedule your own in the Whova app.
8:00–8:30pm | Speed Networking
To join the Speed Networking event, go to Agenda area of the Whova App then click on speed networking in the navigation. Direct link if accessing on your desktop.