Perhaps you’re an overwhelmed parent, trying but failing to keep your children safe in a pornography-saturated world.
Perhaps you yourself struggle with pornography addiction, or your partner or loved one does.
Perhaps you’re a survivor of exploitation in the pornography industry, or you wish to help survivors.
There are so many different ways pornography harms people. Whether you’ve experienced this harm directly or indirectly, we understand the pain and frustration you’re likely feeling.
And we want to help.
In the digital age, the problem of pornography has become so vast, so unfettered, that the only true solution is to pursue systemic change. NCOSE’s 60+ years of experience has led us to conclude that the most effective way to help the most people is through mass-scale prevention.
Mass-scale prevention: the highest impact tactics that will ｐｒｅｖｅｎｔ harm for the greatest amount of people.— National Center on Sexual Exploitation (@NCOSE) September 26, 2023
This is worth fighting for.https://t.co/v2c20hOSpZ
What do we mean by that? Well, imagine if …
- Parents didn’t have to worry about their child being exposed to pornography, because all tech devices and platforms had pornography-filtering software which was ON by default, and pornography websites were required to meaningfully verify that their users were 18+
- Far fewer people became addicted to pornography, because they were protected from being exposed to it at a young age, when their brain was most susceptible to addiction
- Nobody was sex trafficked into pornography, because there were rigorous requirements for pornography websites to verify the age and consent of everyone depicted in all video uploads
These are just a few examples of solutions NCOSE pursues to achieve mass-scale prevention. And these solutions ARE achievable, with your help!
When concerned citizens like YOU raise their voices, change DOES happen.
Here are just a few major victories we’ve achieved together:
- Google is now blurring all sexually explicit images by default for all users and blocking sexually explicit search results for all users signed into under 18 accounts! 8.5 This means Google users need to actively opt-in to see these images—therefore protecting innumerable children from accidentally stumbling on pornography! 5.5
- The U.S. introduced its first ever federal bill requiring pornography sites to meaningfully verify the age of their users! Age verification legislation is also gaining ground in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, New Zealand, and other countries.
- Pornhub was exposed for profiting from rape, sex trafficking, child sexual abuse, and non-consensually filmed/uploaded videos. Following public backlash and NCOSE moving credit card companies to cut ties with Pornhub, this mega-exploiter deleted 80% of the content on their site, because they did not have age or consent verification for these videos!
Together, we are building a world where children can grow up without constant assaults on their innocence and wellbeing. Where couples can enjoy loving, satisfying relationships. Where freedom replaces addiction.
THANK YOU for standing with us!
ACTION: Donate to Support Mass-Scale Prevention Efforts
You can be assured that your money will go towards the highest impact efforts we can identify, which prevent harm for the greatest amount of people.