Haley Halverson, Vice President of Advocacy and Outreach at the National Center on Sexual Exploitation, provides an update on research, survivor testimonies, and legal battles regarding legal brothels in Nevada.
This episode discusses how:
1) Even legal prostitution cannot get rid of sexual violence or sex trafficking within the regulated sex trade.
2) Dennis Hof and Harvey Weinstein have similar worldviews based on sexual entitlement.
3) One county had a failed attempt to overturn legal brothels in their county, but now another legislator might be taking action to roll back legalized prostitution at the state level.
Stay tuned for season 2 of the Sexploitation podcast, launching in mid-January of 2019.
1) SUBSCRIBE to our podcast. It’s available on iTunes and on Google Play and for direct download here.
2) DOWNLOAD the existing episodes (downloads help improve ratings.)
3) RATE it (we’d love 5 stars!)
4) SHARE this with your friends, networks, social media, etc.