7 Gifts to Fight #Sexploitation This Holiday Season
They say it is better to give than to receive, but we think you can fight sexploitation doing both! Check out these products from our shop and our allies. They make great gifts and they help fight for a good cause.
1. Because we all need more t-shirts, check out this advocacy wearable shirt from NCOSE’s shop. Become an abolitionist and advance the movement through this hard hitting t-shirt. Softer than you can believe and flattering on all fighters, give one to all of your friends (and get one yourself, we won’t tell!).
2. Apparel and Swag from Fight The New Drug. Our friends at FTND have this iconic t-shirt. Their motto, “Porn Kills Love” is a message we profoundly espouse here at the National Center on Sexual Exploitation. Give this shirt to someone you love, and snag one for yourself!
3. The Scents of Freedom. Our allies at Free the Captives in Houston, Texas help teen trafficking survivors to build a skill set after they exit the life. These candles not only smell incredible, but they also help these incredible young women become financially literate and independent, as they make the profits sold from the candles as income.
4. Looking for a research-backed summary of the harmful effects of pornography as well as a personal narrative? Look no further than Wack by Noah Church. This book explains the physiological and psychological harms of pornography as well as gives you a guide to beat addiction built from experience and research.
5. Check out this Filtering Software from Covenant Eyes! For either individual or family use, Covenant eyes is the top filtering software available. Keep unwanted sexually explicit material from entering your home or your family’s home through this affordable gift. (P.S. They have a free ebook download of Your Brain on Porn available.)
6. Here’s something everyone can enjoy! Tired of sexually explicit movies or movies with too much foul language or gratuitous violence? VidAngel is here to help! VidAngel lets you purchase a movie for $20, then filter out anything you’re not comfortable watching (i.e. sex scenes) and then allows you to return it for $19 back. Give the gift of non-awkward movie watching to your friends or family. “It’s only one bleeping dollar.”
7. Turn your holiday party into an activist party! Order these Verizon Postcards from the End Exploitation shop and get a group to write together to ask Verizon to stop allowing hardcore and obscene pornography be shown on their cable network, which is illegal. Taking action against #sexploitation and spending time with those you love? #priceless
Whether you end up with these products in your stocking or under your tree, we guarantee your holiday will be equal parts advocacy and amazing.